Datanet will meet your Enterprise domestic and international connectivity requirements, from Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) to International Private Leased Circuit (IPLC), Carrier Ethernet or Satellite connectivity from our teleport or any of our POPs along with back-up and disaster recovery solutions for your business continuity.
Our clients are assured of reliable and secure services because of our unique expertise with local operations and partners. Our project management of interoperable products and services supports all of our customers’ needs, whether fiber, satellite, microwave or integrated.
Datanet has deployed and is continuously expanding its Metro Ethernet Network (MEN). This network provides our customers the ultimate platform in terms of flexibility, security, reliability, available bandwidth and speeds. Datanet’s MEN is based on the company’s optical transport at the core and can provide Ethernet Point-to-Point (E-Line) and Multipoint-to-Multipoint (E-LAN) services hence satisfying bandwidth hungry, business critical and real time applications and services. A Standard Ethernet interface is offered with the ability to provide a package of services on one common port.
Business Services: an end-to-end service
In a Carrier Ethernet network, data is transported across Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Ethernet Virtual Connections (EVCs). These two configurations are simple and reliable to implement and manage. Each EVC transports data in the form of Carrier Ethernet Service Frames from User Network Interface (UNI) to UNI. The UNI is defined as the physical demarcation point between the responsibility of Datanet, your Service Provider and your responsibility, the customer.
- Our Point-to-Point EVC provides dedicated, secure connectivity between two sites. This service is best for interconnecting datacenters, datacenter backup and disaster recovery with the ability to seamlessly support large data transfers between locations with low-latency and high-throughput.
- Our Point-to-Multipoint EVC connects multiple sites together, allowing you to extend your Local Area Network (LAN) to branch offices and partners around the globe. Multipoint Ethernet is implemented via a Hub-and-Spoke site-to-site Wide Area Network (WAN) topology, providing multiple virtual LANs (VLANs) over a single UNI or by supplying multiple VLANs between two points. One physical site act as a Hub (example, main office), while other physical sites (example, office branches) act as spokes. The remote sites link to a central location while being separated from one another to guarantee confidentiality.
DataNet offers different service types as defined by MEF, the defining body for Carrier Ethernet:
- Ethernet Private Line (EPL)
- Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL)
- Ethernet Internet Access
- Multipoint L2 VPNs
- Transparent LAN Service
- Multicast Networks
- Rooted Multi-Point L2 VPNs
- Traffic Segregation
- EP-Tree, EVP-Tree
E-Access and E-Transit are two types of Carrier Ethernet wholesale services to enable wholesale service provider interconnections at the External Network to Network Interface (ENNI). ENNI is defined as the physical demarcation point between two interconnecting service providers.
- Wholesale Access Services
- Access EPL
- Access EVPL
- Wholesale Transit Services
- Transit E-Line
- Transit E-LAN
- Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint configurations
- Ethernet Virtual Circuits (EVCs)
- Ability to combine multiple traffic types and protocols on a single connection
- External Network to Network Interfaces (ENNIs) with regional partner networks for seamless last mile coverage
- Flexible bandwidth
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- VLAN tagging
- Ethernet Interface speeds:
- 10 Megabit Ethernet
- 100 Megabit Ethernet (FastE)
- Gigabit Ethernet (GigE)
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GigE)
- 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100 GigE)
- Performance reports
Datanet offers Domestic Private Leased Circuits (DPLC) and International Private Leased Circuits (IPLC) over SDH and WDM.
Corporations are increasingly relying on cloud-based services for administrative and operational services. Datanet’s Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) is a cost-effective solution to connect your business applications and services with guaranteed quality and maximum flexibility.
Our DIA services for enterprise WAN and SD-WAN (Software-Defined WAN) connectivity leverage our Pan-African MPLS and Ethernet networks to deliver cost-competitive connectivity between customer sites and the Internet. Our solutions give you the ability to bundle your DIA service alongside other Datanet WAN or SD-WAN connectivity services (for instance using a hybrid network configuration combining DIA and Ethernet services).
Key DIA Services Features and Benefits
- Speed and reliability
- Guaranteed bandwidth (guaranteed minimums and uptimes)
- Multiple date rates from 1 Mbps to 10+ Mbps
- Synchronous upload and download speeds
- Flexibility and scalability
- Service Level Agreements (network uptime; latency; packet loss; jitter)
- 24×7 technical support and web-based service monitoring
- Fixed IP addresses provided for monitoring or VPN tunneling
- Optional CPE delivery and installation
- Delivery methods: dedicated fiber and fixed wireless
Our DIA services are available in most Sub-Saharan Africa Countries. Please contact us to inquire about availability in your locations and to request a competitive quote.
Datanet offers cost-effective shared Internet Access Services for professionals who do not require dedicated bandwidth. This is an affordable solution yet capable of meeting all your business application requirements.
WiFi Hotspots can also be implemented by our network experts in and around your offices. Datanet WiFi Hotspots are currently available in the city of Kampala at the following addresses:
- Garden City, Yusuf Lule Road
- Crested Towers, Hannington road 17
- The Heights, Centenary Park
- Impala House, Kimathi avenue
- Izumi Restaurant, Plot 38, Upper Kololo Terrace
- Acacia Mall, John Babiha (Acacia) Ave
- Pizza Bond, Off Station road
- Mix Lounge, Centenary Park
- Club Amnesia, Kampala road
- Excel Insurance Limited, Off Station road
Datanet provides full turn-key VSAT satellite solutions in Uganda, in Africa and to the rest of the world through its network of preferred satellite services providers and Teleport operators. In addition, via its parent company BringCom, Datanet offers antenna hosting and equipment co-location services at its Djibouti Teleport.
Our VSAT broadband access services in either C/Ku/Ka Bands include:
- Shared TDMA IP access (iDirect, Newtec, Hughes, etc…)
- Dedicated SCPC IP access (Comtech, UHP Romantis, etc…)
- Equipment resale
To assist you in choosing which Connectivity Service type is best suited to your business needs, please contact us.